Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thought Consumption

I’ve been listening to an amazing writing playlist, the same mosquito has bit me approximately 7 times, it’s 2am, I’m still not sure what to post, and now I’m just itchy. So here’s some things consuming my thoughts.

The Bounty Hunter: I’m quite possibly in love with Gerard Butler, but when he finally asks me to marry him, I will make it known that I won’t watch the majority of his movies. Wow, was it bad, hella bad. Sidenote: when did everyone stop saying “hella”? Whatever. Everything about it was loose, and pointless… Hollywood just said: Let’s put Jennifer Anniston in a skimpy outfit with Gerard Butler, have them run around and build sexual tension for an hour and a half, get some slapstick humor in there, throw in a cheesy line to be able to semi-classify it as romantic, and stupid people will go see it on dates, or buy it with their Dad and step-mom on “On Demand” because there’s nothing else everyone will agree on. Damn you Hollywood.

Hiking: I longingly gaze upon facebook pictures of my best friends climbing Colorado mountains, and I just want to use some Floo Powder (yep, just went there) and be with them. But I can’t. So I need to suck it up, and find some good hikes in New Hampshire… because the beach is fun, but there’s nothing like the freedom of an open trail.

Just killed that effing mosquito.

On an extremely different note, I’ve been really consumed with the Sunday bombings in Uganda that killed over 70 people, one of them being an American aid worker with Invisible Children with whom I have mutual friends. Knowing how the families must be hurting, the devastation of the Invisible Children community, imagining all the burials that are taking place, the lives that have been stolen, the ones that have been ruined, and the injured who are forever maimed, because they can’t afford treatment makes for pained empty breathing. I find it cruel that life only allows tragedy to be relevant if it happens to you… that the hurt can’t be transferred or distributed and the weight of this suffering can’t be carried by more. The dichotomy of the universe will never cease to sadden me, or leave me feeling horribly helpless… All my love to Kampala right now. Bam. Just hit you with heaviness out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment